Educational activities are held to foster and spread the function and role of the National Museum as an informal educational institution that dignifies heritage, history, nature, and culture among the general public and visitors.
The Education Unit plays a role in:
- Plan and develop in-reach and outreach educational programs for visitors, educational institutions, and specific groups;
- Implement IPIM or Museum Innovation Student Inspiration which is an educational activity in collaboration with the Malaysian Ministry of Education specifically designed for primary and secondary school students to learn and further understand history with the help of related collections exhibited at the National Museum, and;
- Manage visit requests from schools and universities who wish to visit the National Museum.
- Coordinator for guided tours under the JMM Museum Volunteers.
Any group visits from SCHOOL / UNIVERSITY must be notified at least 7 days prior to the date of the visit by:
- Filling in the School / University Visits Application form, or;
- Written letter that can be emailed to Mrs. Shenna Anak Skem, Education Unit at email@example.com
For further inquiries, you may contact Mrs. Shenna at 03-2267 1111 ext. 213.